Terms of Service
Neovoyage photographic tours are planned with the best intentions to bring visitors to the most photogenic places at the ideal times. You can expect 100% good will from Neovoyage and we expect the same from travelers. In order to operate this business we must establish rules and policies. Registration on any of our voyages implies agreement with all our rules and policies, current and future ones. The policies are listed below in the simplest terms possible. Should you need more information or clarification, email firstname.lastname@example.org before booking.
Payments & Refunds
- Payment in full is due at least 60 days before departure.
- A $600 USD deposit per person is required to reserve a space.
- If you cancel 120 days or more before departure, all payments minus $150 USD per person will be refunded.
- If you cancel between 60 and 119 days, all payments minus the $600 deposits will be refunded.
- If you cancel less than 60 days before departure, then no refund will be issued.
- If you wish to transfer the trip to someone else you must do so 60 days prior to departure.
- If we cancel the trip for any reason, you will be 100% refunded all payments to us.
- Each tour requires a minimum number of participants in order to absorb group costs. If that number is not met 60 days prior to departure, the trip will be canceled.
- No reimbursment is issued for any consequence of failing to provide Neovoyage with accurate information in a timely manner.
- Note that we cannot refund any associated costs not paid to Neovoyage.
Rooms & Occupancy
- On some trips we may offer double and single occupancy rates.
- To guarantee double occupancy, register with your own roommate.
- If you wish to avoid the single supplement, we will try to find a suitable roommate.
- If a suitable roommate is not found, then a single supplement will be required.
- Single supplements are part of the full payment and must be paid 60 days prior to departure.
- In some cases the number of single rooms will be limited and you may be placed with a roommate for part or the entirety of the trip. You will be notified when we know this is the case.
- The trip itinerary may change before or during the trip due to events beyond our control such as forces of nature (volcanoes, earthquake, tsunamis, fire, flood, etc), law, political events (war, rebellion, terrorism, insurrection), sickness (quarantine, epidemics), destruction, theft and closings.
- As part of organizing these tours, Neovoyage contracts the services of hotels, restaurants, transportation, drivers, guides, etc. We take no responsibility for the actions or failure to perform actions or bankruptcy of any of these service providers.
- Changes will be made when necessary due to any of the above and will take into account the safety and interests of the group within the trip budget. Any such change shall be made without penalty and at the judgment of Neovoyage or its contractors.
- You are responsible for obtaining any necessary travel documents prior to departure.
- You are responsible for your well-being, health and safety during the tours.
- You are responsible for following local and international laws wherever we travel.
- You are responsible for your own personal property, including photo gear, during the entirety of the trip.
- You are responsible for the accuracy of all information shared with us.
- Failure to provide accurate information may incur additional fees or prevent you from participating in part or the entirely of a tour.
- Neovoyage does not provide trip insurance of any kind.
- Meals are generally provided as part of the tour. Suggestions will be given when they are not.
- Included meals consist of a main course, a non-alcoholic drink and an appetizer or desert. Fine cuts such as imported meats and seafood are excluded unless otherwise permitted by the tour leader.
- Some restaurants have menus and it may be possible to accommodate simply dietary needs such as the avoidance of certain ingredients there. No guaranty can be made on this possibility or the process by which such a request is handled.
- Some restaurants feature a fixed menu and offer no flexibility. With some insistence you may get an ingredient removed or replaced, which may happen after the meal is cooked.
- Certain parts of a trip may involve to-go meals (boxed lunch). They are usually fixed contents where you eat what you like and trade what you don't with other travelers.
Physical condition and special needs
- All trips involve some form of walking at least and everyone is required to be in good walking condition.
- Certain portions of a trip may involve more strenuous activity such as hiking and climbing. Make sure to be in suitable physical fitness to participate. Alternate activities cannot usually be provided but if you ask in advance there well be more chances.
- A trip may go through areas of high-altitude where it takes a while to acclimatize and breathing may be difficult, at least for a few days. The itinerary will generally take this into account but people do adapt at different speeds, so make sure to start slowly there.
- Not all locations are capable to handle special needs. Contact us before booking for anything of importance.
- By registering on a tour, participants certify that they do not suffer from any condition (mental, physical or other) or disability that could create a hazard for anyone on the tour (participants, leaders, drivers and guides, etc).
Visitors to the Neovoyage website are anonymous and any identifiable information collected shall not be shared or used for marketing purposes. If you communicate with us by email, in writing or over the phone, all the information you share will be treated as private.
During the booking process, specific and identifiable information is required. Only required information shall be shared with agents and contractors. Such information may include but is not limited to: full name, date of birth, passport number and expiry date, country of residence and citizenship.
Unless traveling in your country of residence, a valid passport is required during the entirety of the trip. Certain countries require a passport to be valid for 6 month beyond travel dates. You are responsibile to check and comply with such laws. Full passport information is nearly always required in advance for air travel and sometimes required (depending on local laws) for other modes of transportation, lodging and access to protected areas. For this purpose, Neovoyage collects passport information at the time of reservation.
Traveling is subject to ever-changing rules and regulations. Not just on Neovoyage photography tours but also before and after. Here are useful websites for travelers:
TSA | Transport Security Administration
The authority for all travel to, from and through the United States of America.
CATSA | Canadian Air Transport Security Authority
The authority for Air Travel involving Canada.
CDC | Center for Disease Control
Covers health and safety information.
Travel Tips for Digital Photographers
Considerations when traveling with digital cameras.